What are the game dates?
There are four events starting in June and going through early July. Our event dates are:
- NWM5: Second Semester
June 15-18, 2017, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- NWM6: Second Semester
June 22-25, 2017, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- NWM7: First Semester
June 29-July 2, 2017, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- NWM8: Second Semester
July 6-9, 2017, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
Second Semester events will feature a graduation ceremony so that current Third Year students can get their diplomas if they pass their classes and be officially named Wizards! First semester events include a drafting ceremony for new students to be sorted into their houses during the game. However, new and returning players are welcome at any of the events, regardless of whether it is their first time playing, or if they have played at various events in the past. Returning players are welcome to attend any of the event dates, regardless of which event they attended last year.
When will tickets be available?
Tickets are available from the New World Magischola website on March 1st. A minimum of 80 purchased tickets is required to run any event. If an event should fall short of 80 tickets and must be cancelled, participants will be advised to switch to another date or given a credit to a future event.
How much do tickets cost?
Tickets are $575, and are all-inclusive. The price includes three nights of lodging at the College of William & Mary, a meal-pass for 8 all-you-can-eat meals from the college dining hall, a school robe and tie to wear at the event, a school textbook to use at the event, and access to the 4-day experience, including workshops, gameplay, and the post-game debrief. Your ticket price pays for food, lodging, and the game, as well as insurance, taxes, and a 40 person staff to make this event the experience of a lifetime. After May 15, 2017, any remaining tickets are $650.
Is there a payment plan?
There are two payment plan options, but they are both time sensitive. A 3-part payment plan over two months is available until March 31st. A 2-part payment plan over 1 month is available until April 30th. The payment plans are only available for the purchase of tickets, and no other items. Each payment plan will also add 5% on the standard purchase price.
What is the ticket refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable. Ticket holders are free to sell their ticket to another party should they be unable to attend. Notify us by email that you are turning your ticket over along with contact information for the receiving party, only when your transaction is finalized.
You may also purchase add-ons to your base ticket. These include:
- Linens package: $25. The college will provide a set of twin XL sheets, a light blanket, a pillow, a bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth for your use at the event. You may also bring your own.
- Dean’s Dinner Club: $75. This is a special pay-to-play 90-minute experience that takes place on the Friday night. It offers food, roleplay with the organizes, special gifts, and unique encounters and plot only for the people in attendance.
- Graduation Dinner: $85. This is a special pay-to-play 90-minute experience that takes place on Saturday Night, replacing the saturday night Dinner. It offers food, roleplay with some significant NPCs in the Magimundi, allowing graduates to make critical connections to secure their future. This is not a requirement for graduating third years, nor does it necessarily exclude 1st and 2nd year students.
- Care packages: $75. A special package to be delivered to the character, including snacks, a glowspector, a pocket-sized notebook. Additional contents are customized to the character.
- School Basics Package: $20. A student’s basic need for survival. Includes, NWM stainless steel water bottle, NWM pocket sized journal w/ ballpoint quill, and NWM Crest car/computer decal.
- House Loyalty Packages: $25. Show your affiliation with the your choice of House Shirt, and an iron-on house crest patch.
- Single Occupancy Room Upgrade $150. The standard rooms in Dupont at William and Mary are double occupancy. Purchase this upgrade to have that double occupancy room to yourself.
- Wand Holster (single, belt-style). Custom leather wand holster pre-ordered and ready for pick-up at the event.
What is the maximum number of tickets?
Each run has a total of 200 tickets available for students and professors.
Can I barter services or volunteer labor in exchange for not having to pay the ticket price?
We do not offer this option. If you want to be a student or professor at our larp, you will need to get a ticket through our website. We will be recruiting a limited number of qualified support staff including scenographers, make-up artists, and NPC interactors for each event. Their experience will be quite a different, as they will be expected to treat the participants as our customers.