Today we are excited to announce that our Kickstarter Campaign will open on Monday, November 23, 2015 at 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time.
After a lot of time and number crunching, we’ve set the standard ticket price for New World Magischola at $450 per ticket. We will offer 30 “lightning” tickets for $375 when our Kickstarter launches, but once those are gone, no more will be available at that price. We had hoped to match the $375/ticket price of College of Wizardry, but it was simply not possible to maintain the quality of the experience at that price in the United States. We think you will agree that $450 is still a great value considering that includes food, lodging, basic costuming, and the high production value game experience.
Complete Ticket prices are as follows:
- Lightning Ticket at $375 each (30 tickets available at this price)
- Traditional Tickets at $450 each (all-inclusive)
- Plus One Pack (2 Traditional Tickets in a Bundle for $900)
- Legacy Tickets at $550 each (Traditional ticket plus special in-game care package delivery)
- Private Room at $895 each
- Gold VIP Housing Bundles at $1,100: (2 Tickets with housing in a special themed room in premium location)
- Platinum VIP Housing Bundles at $2,200: (4 Tickets with housing in a specially decorated suite in a premium location)
- Secret Society at $7,500 (10 game tickets, plus a special sub-plot for members)
Kickstarter allows one reward per account. To buy two tickets, you may use the “Plus One Pack.” Additional tickets or rewards will require a separate Kickstarter account.
Initially, tickets will be available for the June 16-19, 2016 date only. Once the Kickstarter tops $80,000, we will open the second weekend of June 23-26, 2016. At that time, those who have purchased traditional tickets through the Kickstarter campaign may change their reward to the second date as they like. Note: holders of Lightning Tickets may switch to the second date, but at the $450 price. There is not Lightning Ticket pricing for the second event.
Our Kickstarter Campaign will close on January 4, 2016. Cards will not be charged until the campaign closes. We extended the dates of the campaign until after the new year in order to assist interested participants with obtaining or budgeting funds during the holiday season. This puts pressure on us to get the funds from Kickstarter in time to make the first required payment to the venue, but we really wanted to make the game as accessible as possible to fans.
We hope you are as excited as we are to be (finally) launching the campaign and bringing New World Magischola to life. Thanks for your support and enthusiasm thus far, and we are working hard to make your dreams come true.
— Ben and Maury